Manila, Philippines (September 07, 2009) /ChinaNewswire.com/ — Entries for the 7th Annual Asian CSR Awards are now being accepted, with the deadline for submission on September 11, 2009. The prestigious Asian CSR Awards Program recognizes and honors Asian companies for outstanding, innovative and world-class products, services, projects and programs with CSR commitments. The Awards will be given during the Gala Dinner and Awards Night of the Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR) 2009 on November 20, 2009 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Manila Philippines.
Companies can enter as many projects as they wish in one or more of these categories: Best Workplace Practices, Concern for Health, Environmental Excellence, Poverty Alleviation and Support and Improvement of Education. The CSR projects should demonstrate the company's leadership, sincerity and on-going commitment in incorporating ethical values, compliance with legal requirements, respect for individuals, involvement in communities and protection of the environment into the way they do business.
The Asian CSR Awards program is presented by the Asian Institute of Management Ramon V. del Rosario, Sr. Center for Corporate Social Responsibility (AIM-RVR). Cognizant of its mission in developing professional, entrepreneurial and socially responsible leaders and managers, the AIM-RVR center is committed to social excellence. It is the Center's belief that only when corporate social responsibility (CSR) can be structured as a business model and regarded as fundamental to strategy and general management can CSR be sustainable.
Over 20 partners from around the region support the Forum annually. These are:
– ActionAid International Vietnam
– ASEAN Foundation
– Asia Pacific Philanthropy Consortium
– Business Ethics Institute of Malaysia
– Business in the Community – UK
– Center for Development and Integration – Vietnam
– Centre for Social Markets – India
– Community Business – Hong Kong
– Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry
– Council for Better Corporate Citizenship – Japan
– German Technical Cooperation (GTZ)
– Habitat for Humanity International
– Indonesia Business Links
– Kenan Institute Asia
– League of Corporate Foundations – Philippines
– Makati Business Club
– Management Association of the Philippines
– Management Institute for Social Change – Malaysia
– National Center for Sustainability Reporting – Indonesia
– Philippine Business for Social Progress
– Population and Community Development Association of Thailand
– Prince of Wales International Business Leaders Forum
– PPM Institute of Management – Indonesia
– Responsible Business Initiative – Pakistan
– Singapore Compact for CSR
AFCSR 2009 is well supported by Intel as Strategic Partner: Asian CSR Awards and Official Technology Partner; Lopez Group Foundation, Inc. as the Strategic Corporate Partner; Holcim, Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company, The Phinma Group, and The Coca-Cola Company as Official Industry Partners; and Ayala Corporation, Banyan Tree Global Foundation Ltd., Philippine American Life and General Insurance Company (Philamlife), Philippine Coffee Board (Kape Isla) and SM Foundation as Cooperating Partners. The Public Relations Partners are Weber Shandwick – Manila, AMEX Team – Thailand, APCO Worldwide – China, Masso PR – Vietnam, Integrated Public Relations – Malaysia, PR Society of Indonesia and Creative Crest – India. Official media partners include International Herald Tribune, BuisnessWorld, ACN Newswire, ChinaCSR.com, China Newswire, CSR Asia, ammado, China CSR Map, SynTao – China, Management Systems Asia, G+ Magazine, Employer Magazine and Trainer Magazine.
For additional information on Asian CSR Awards 2009, please visit the AFCSR website at www.asianforumcsr.com.
- Vianca Bocalan
Tel: (632) 892 1650