AUO And Sichuan Changhong Propose TFT-LCD JV

Taiwanese manufacturer of thin film transistor liquid crystal display panels, AU Optronics Corporation, and Sichuan Changhong Electric Company propose establishing a TFT-LCD module production plant joint venture in Gaoxing district, Mianyang City, Sichuan.

If the investment plan is approved by the Chinese government, the joint venture is expected to form closer ties between AUO and the Chinese local brand manufacturer and to deepen AUO's presence in west China, in addition to the company's existing business presences in east China and south China.

The Board of Directors of AUO and Sichuan Changhong have agreed that the name of the joint venture will be BVCH Optronics (Sichuan) Corp. with an initial capital of CNY100 million. The joint venture will be 51% owned by AUO with the remaining 49% being held by Sichuan Changhong and its businesses will include LCD monitors, LCD TVs, photonic products, and the manufacture of relevant components, process, assembly, as well as repair services.

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *